Although designed and built in 1939 (architect Harold O Tarbolton), the church was not ready for use until 1941. It was run for some years by Franciscan friars. It was dedicated by Bishop Logie, four months after the first Episcopal services had started in a house at Boswall Green.
Next to the church was St David’s House, built to house the minister. It was later used by Franciscan Friars who called it ‘The Friary’. The adjacent church hall and the Friary were sold in recent years to the local medical group and demolished to make way for the Crewe Road Medical Centre.
The church is also known as ‘St David of Scotland’.
Info from www.grantonhistory.org